HERwanda — Conquering Gender Equality In Rwanda
Since the end of the genocide, Rwanda has become Africa's gender equality success story for high female representation in politics, education and the workplace. What does empowerment mean to the younger generations of women?
- €20,450 Budget in Euros
- 2017-11-25 Final release date
- 9 Round winner
- 1 Location
- 4 Durations in months
Our multimedia project will look at women's empowerment in Rwanda through the eyes of the country's youngest generation of women. Our goal is to understand how the gender equality narrative that has been promoted by the government has trickled down to younger generations of adult women (18-26) who are first time voters in this year's election, and what they consider women's empowerment in the respective fields.
Origami, La Stampa
- Nel Ruanda post-genocidio, un paese governato dalle donne
- Ruanda, il voto delle donne
- Rwanda : la longue route vers le pluralisme
- Rwanda : elles sont la génération d'après
- Il Nuovo Rwanda è delle donne