Myths & Misunderstandings about the Millennium Development Goals
This multimedia feature informs the general public about myths and misunderstandings surrounding the Millennium Development Goals and provides the post-2015 discussion with an evidence-based approach.
- €20,000 Budget in Euros
- 2014-04-01 Final release date
- 2 Round winner
- 8 Locations
- 5 Durations in months
This multimedia feature informs the general public about myths and misunderstanding surrounding MDGs and provides the post-2015 discussion with an evidence-based approach.
The story is composed of four layers in an innovative cross-platform strategy.
- The OneWorld Data Atlas entails the core of the story line. It contains animated and interactive world maps that show the results for each MDG since the 1990s, and the challenges that still need to be fulfilled.
- Each MDG is visualized by an artist in a one-minute video, located in eight countries that have their own significant impact on the global MDG results. For instance we invited artist Meschac Gaba from Benin tot share with the audience his artistic representation of MDG6.
- An inquisitive analysis: eight myths and misunderstandings about the MDGs, as the results are often trivialised by observations like "Africa receives the majority of the budget, but is still lagging behind." The analysis is published online and in print in OneWorld magazine.
- As an easy accessible introduction the audience can challenge their friends to participate in the online quiz Travel your World.
Click on any photo to view the image gallery lightbox at fullscreen.